PREMIER STEAM LOCOMOTIVES
· Page 79, Grand Trunk Western 2-8-2 USRA Mikado (Item No. 20-3284-1, 20-3284-2) is mistakenly labeled as Canadian National. The production model will be Grand Trunk Western.
Pages 80-81, 2-8-2 L-1 Mikado: Lehigh & New England (Item No. 20-3199-1, 20-3199-2), Cambria & Indiana (Item No. 20-3200-1, 20-3200-2), and Interstate (Item No. 20-3197-1. 20-3197-2) models depict prototype Pennsy engines that were sold to these smaller railroads. Pennsy (Item No. 20-3180-1, 20-3180-2) and Interstate versions will have high-mounted headlights, as shown in the large photo on page 80, and boiler-mounted class lights. Per their prototypes, Lehigh & New England and Cambria & Indiana versions will have a low-mounted headlight and two additional marker lights on the pilot, as shown in the smaller close up of the boiler front on page 80.
· Page 82, 2-8-4 Berkshire: Detail upgrades, not shown in the photos, will include smaller, prototypically sized smoke box hinges, painted valve handles and gauges in the cab, tender hatches that open to reveal Proto-Sound and smoke controls, and tender truck chains.
· Page 84, USRA 0-6-0: All models will include hinged deck plate bridging the gap between engine and tender, not shown in catalog photos.
· Page 89: The Pennsylvania K4 Streamlined Passenger Set (Item No. 20-3299-1), will be altered to more accurately represent the inaugural runs of the redesigned Broadway Limited in June, 1938. The streamlined locomotive will have an additional "Broadway Limited" nameplate under the headlight, although the separate sale versions of this engine (Item No. 20-3297-1 and 20-3297-2) will not have the nameplate, which was removed when engine 3768 headed other trains.
· Pages 90-91, 4-6-4 Chicago and Northwestern E-4 (Item No. 20-3298-1, 20-3298-2): Engine number will be 4003 as shown in large photo on page 90, not 4008 as shown in smaller photos; detail upgrades, not shown in the photos, will include sliding cab windows, smaller, prototypically sized handrails, painted valve handles and gauges in the cab, tender hatches that open to reveal Proto-Sound and smoke controls, and tender truck chains.
· Page 93, 4-6-6-4 Z-6 Challenger: Northern Pacific (Item No. 20-3273-1, 20-3273-2) version is incorrectly shown with oil tender; actual NP model will have correct coal tender. The Great Northern (Item No. 20-3272-1, 20-3272-2, 20-3278-1, 20-3278-2) and SP&S (Item No. 20-3274-1, 20-3274-2) versions are correctly shown in the catalog with a prototypical oil tender.
· Page 95, 4-8-4 Daylight GS-4: As announced last week, an additional engine with Daylight colors and cab no. 4449 will be offered (Item No. 20-3303-1); tender lettering will be the small "Southern Pacific Lines" in the top red stripe, as originally delivered and as currently seen on preserved engine 4449 in excursion service; detail upgrades, not shown in the photos, will include see-through trailing truck side frames, sliding cab windows, smaller prototypically sized smoke box hinges, painted valve handles and gauges in the cab, tender hatches that open to reveal Proto-Sound and smoke controls, and tender truck chains.
· Page 101, Alco S-2: scale wheel conversion set number is incorrect; engine uses 4-wheel set no. 20-89008, as indicated on page 77.
· Page 103, F3 A-B-A Sets: Northern Pacific (Item No. 20-2818-1), Santa Fe (Item No. 20-2819-1), and Union Pacific (Item No. 20-2820-1) engines will have smooth passenger pilots and passenger station Proto-Effects; Western Maryland (Item No. 20-2821-1) version will have "wedge" freight pilot, as shown in photos of Western Maryland engine, and freight yard Proto-Effects; colors on Northern Pacific engine are incorrect, and will be corrected to match the colors of the NP passenger cars shown on page 163.
· Page 105, F40PH: scale wheel conversion set number is incorrect; engine uses 4-wheel set no. 20-89008, as indicated on page 77.
· Page 107, BNSF ES44 (Item No. 20-2822-1, 20-2822-2, 20-2822-3) was incorrectly listed as a ES44AC. The BNSF will actually be produced as a ES44DC as the M.T.H. mold design created for the ES44 locomotive is configured for both AC and DC versions.
· Page 109, Union Pacific/George Bush SD70ACe (Item No. 20-2828-1): colors and paint scheme shown in the catalog are incorrect shades and design, but will be accurate in actual model; more information on the prototype can be found on the Union Pacific railroad's Web site at www.up.com. The M.T.H. Web site correctly depicts the production paint scheme.
· Page 115, GP38-2: scale wheel conversion set number is incorrect; engine uses 4-wheel set no. 20-89008, as indicated on page 77.
· Page 117, Missouri Pacific SD50 (Item No. 20-2817-1, 20-2817-2, 20-2817-3) depicts an incorrect color scheme. An updated photo will be loaded onto the website shortly and can be found using the website's Advanced Search tool located at the top home page.
PREMIER LINE ELECTRICS
· Page 123, GG1 East Wind Passenger Set (Item No. 20-5610-1): baggage car picture is reversed left-to-right.
· Page 129, E33 and E44 Electric Engines: Note that all road names are prototypical including Norfolk and Western, which purchased the Virginian Railway and painted some of its acquired E33s in N&W paint before selling all of them to the New Haven.
· The E-33 and E-44 Electrics were mistakenly listed as having die-cast bodies. These locomotives will feature detailed ABS bodies and produced in three powered cab numbers.
· The E-44 Juice Train was mistakenly listed with an MSRP of $799.95. The correct MSRP is $529.95.
NOTE that, per our usual practice, all Premier freight cars will be delivered in two road numbers, except for Chessie Extended Vision Caboose in green, item no. 20-91237, which only existed in one prototype number.
· Page 143, 70-Ton 3-Bay Hopper: Prototype for this car is the C&O Class HT hopper with notched, arched end extensions, built in 1951; C&O version (Item No. 20-97639) will have that unique C&O end, while other models will have flat-topped end panels as shown in catalog; except for Western Maryland version (Item No. 20-97642), which will have roller bearing trucks, cars are incorrectly shown with roller bearing trucks and will be delivered with Bettendorf trucks.
· Page 151, 41' Wood Flat Cars: cars are incorrectly depicted with roller bearing trucks, but will be delivered with Bettendorf trucks as shown in close up on same page.
· Page 152, Flat Cars with Pup Trailers: although not shown in photo, cars will feature deck-mounted trailer hitch to support each trailer; cars are incorrectly depicted with roller bearing trucks, but will be delivered with Bettendorf trucks as well as separately applied grab iron details, as shown in closeup on same page.
· Page 155, N6b Caboose: Nickel Plate version (Item No. 20-91240) will have non-Pennsy square-sided cupola, as shown on the M.T.H. Web site, rather than the Pennsy-style cupola shown in the catalog; Long Island version (Item No. 20-91241) will be painted the lighter orange shown on the full shot of the Long Island model, not the darker orange shown in the close-up shot.
· Page 156, Item No. 20-91245 Steel Caboose was listed as Nickel Plate Road but featured a Jersey Central photo. The caboose will in fact be Jersey Central.
· Page 158, Item No. 20-90389 6-car freight set is incorrectly listed as Santa Fe. The set will actually be produced as a Chicago NorthWestern set as depicted in its catalog photo.
· Page 158, Item No. 20-90388 6-car freight set is incorrectly listed as Canadian Pacific. The set will actually be produced as a Railway Express Agency set as depicted in its catalog photo.
· Page 160, Item No. 20-90374 and 20-90375 6-car freight set is incorrectly listed as Nickel Plate Road. The sets will actually be produced as a Chesapeake & Ohio as depicted in its catalog photo.
· Page 160, Item No. 20-90380 and 20-90381 6-car freight set is incorrectly listed as Union Pacific. The sets will actually be produced as a Norfolk & Western as depicted in its catalog photo.
PREMIER PASSENGER CARS
· Page 123. East Wind add-on passenger sets: note that two prototypical add-on sets are listed with the East Wind GG1 set on page 123; although not pictured in the catalog, these items are illustrated on the M.T.H. Web site; similarly, a non-prototypical full-length East Wind dome car, item no. 20-67124, is also pictured on the site.
· Page 163: Contents of Northern Pacific passenger sets will be revised to more accurately represent the mid-1950s consist of the Raymond-Loewy-styled Vista Dome North Coast Limited, the NP's premier passenger train - also known as the Four Dome Train West. All car numbers and lettering will reflect actual cars on the mid-50s North Coast Limited, and as appropriate, car sides will feature the "Vista-Dome North Coast Limited" lettering applied circa 1956. A modeler buying the full complement of NP cars will be able to run a prototypical four-dome train, with a flat-top car separating all domes per prototype practice.
· Item 20-65114 (5-car set) will now include four dome cars and one observation with North Coast Limited drumhead.
· Page 166, All the Pennsylvania silver streamlined passenger cars featured on page 166 will be produced with black roofs. The catalog photos incorrectly depict some of the cars with silver roofs.
RAILKING STEAM LOCOMOTIVES
· Pages 6-7, Santa Fe 4-8-4 Northern (Item No. 30-1465-1): Engine number will be 2927 as shown on page 7, not 2926 as shown on the previous page.
· Page 10, 2-8-2 Mikado and 0-6-0 switcher: Mikado will have Proto-Coupler on tender only, while switcher will have two Proto-Couplers.
· Pages 12-13, Southern Pacific Cab Forward (Item No. 30-1464-1): Engine number will be 4275 as shown on page 13, not 4294 as shown on the previous page.
RAILKING SUBWAY AND TRANSIT CARS
· Page 41, New York City R142A Series Subway Sets: all R142A Series cars will feature lighted interiors with seats; as announced last week, the 5-car set is incorrectly priced, the correct price is $449.95.
· Page 39, Chicago 3200 Series Transit Sets: Item numbers for the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs 4-car sets were listed incorrectly; the correct numbers are 30-26221-1 for the White Sox 4-Car 3200 Series Set and 30-26211-1 for the Cubs 4-Car Set. All Chicago 3200 Series cars will have lighted interiors with seats.
Back to top